Top News

The investigation was launched after stabbing the festival visitors

The prosecution launched an investigation into the “filing of harmful substances” after reports of the bites of nine festival visitors during concerts at the Printemps de Bourges, as we learned this Saturday. “Nine cases have been reported to us on Saturday, April 23 at 5:00 pm,” Boris Vedel, director of Printemps de Bourges, told AFP. This number was confirmed by Cher prefecture.

According to the Bourges prosecutor’s office, four complaints were filed on Friday, which launched an investigation into the “filing of harmful substances”. According to the prefecture, the origin of these bites is unknown. “We don’t know if it’s, for example, syringes or just pinheads,” said Agnès Bonjean, Chief of Staff of Prefect Cher. “People just felt stung,” she added. In addition, “there was no sexual assault,” said Boris Vedel, who said the reports came from “men and women of all ages.”

Similar stab wounds in other cities

People who were stabbed were subjected to a blood sample to see if they had been given the substances. The security system has been strengthened for the festival, which ends on Sunday. Similar bite cases have recently been reported in nightclubs, especially in Béziers, Grenoble or Nantes.

In Nantes, according to the indictment, police have been alerted to 43 facts since mid-February. “No screening has revealed the presence of GHB, nicknamed ‘drug raping’, or other toxic substances,” prosecutor Renaud Gaudeul told AFP on Friday, saying no suspects had been arrested.