Top News

Investigation after mysterious bites of festival visitors

Following the mysterious bites of nine people who attended one of the country’s major music festivals, the Printemps de Bourges, an investigation was launched in France, as we learned on Saturday.

According to the authorities, the origin of these stings is unknown. “We don’t know if it’s syringes or just pinheads,” said Agnès Bonjean, chief of staff of the prefect of the Cher department where the festival takes place. “People just felt stung,” she added.

In addition, according to festival director Boris Vedel, “there was no sexual assault,” which said the news came from “men and women of all ages.”

People who were stabbed were subjected to a blood sample to see if they had been given the substances.

“Nine cases have been reported to us since Saturday, April 23 at 5:00 PM,” Vedel told AFP. This number was confirmed by Cher prefecture.

According to the Bourges prosecutor’s office, four complaints were filed on Friday, which launched an investigation into the “filing of harmful substances”.

The security system has been strengthened for the festival, which ends on Sunday.

Similar bite cases have recently been reported in nightclubs in several cities in France.

In Nantes (west), according to the prosecutor’s office, police have been alerted to 43 facts since mid-February. “No screening revealed the presence of GHB (nicknamed ‘rape drug’) or other toxic substances,” prosecutor Renaud Gaudeul told AFP on Friday, adding that no suspects had been arrested.